Management’s 5 Key Responsibilities to Tackle Workplace Mental Health
Patrizia Piccolo (of Rubin Thomlinson LLP) has an excellent article up. Those key 5 responsibilities:
1. Prevention and Promotion – “Managers should understand their organizational needs and identify potential and existing issues.”
2. Staff Education – “Managers should ensure that education is provided on the realities of mental illness in order to remove the stigma associated therewith.”
3. Manager Training to Identify and Address Workplace Mental Health Issues – “Managers should also obtain training [and she lists the 3 key things to learn]”.
4. Early intervention – “Managers should ensure that the organization has both prevention mechanisms and crisis response systems in place.”
5. Accommodation – “Organizations have the duty to accommodate to the point of undue hardship…”
Please go read the whole thing. It is worth the time.
|This post is done by Camberwell House for informational, discussion and educational purposes only. It is NOT to provide specific legal advice and does not do so. The older the post is, the higher the risk that the information in it is incorrect: Camberwell does not delete older posts. There is no lawyer-client relationship between you and Camberwell House and you should seek your own lawyer and obtain legal advice tailored to your circumstances.|