Sarnia SCJ closure/procedure
On behalf of Justice Raikes, Local Administrative Judge for Superior Court, Sarnia, Ontario
As you are all aware by order of Chief Justice Morawetz [found in full HERE] as of today all Superior Court matters have been suspended until beginning of June.
To clarify some outstanding questions counsel may have in regard to civil and family matters at the Sarnia Courthouse, please review the following:
- Any motions that have been scheduled commencing March 19th to June 4th will be administratively rescheduled to Thursday, June 4th at 11:00 to be spoken to.
- All conferences and special appointments scheduled from now until June 8th, will be adjourned with a new date to be set at a later date by trial coordination in consultation with the parties.
- All civil pretrials between now and June 1, 2020 will be cancelled and rescheduled at a later date in consultation with trial coordination.
- All family and civil trial sittings from now until June 1, 2020 will be cancelled. All matters will be adjourned automatically to a date to be set by trial coordination. Memos will be sent out accordingly.
- Any urgent matters please send any material by email to the attention of Sandra Doupe (email@example.com) or Melissa Blancher (Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org) so it can be forwarded to His Honour.
In this difficult time we hope everyone remains safe and healthy. We ask for your patience and cooperation and we will continue to work closely to answer any questions as we try to meet these upcoming challenges.
Sincerely, Sandra Doupe, Trial Co-ordinator/ Judicial Secretary, SCJ